This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://eats.erikalynlayne.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.erikalynlayne.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Rounders Date: 27 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hair

 So, as you know, this is a food blog. Eventually, this post will be food related. Promise. 


I love changing my hair color. I started highlighting in 6th or 7th grade(just subtle ones) and then worked to a more intense blonde. My sophomore year of high school, I decided to go back to my "natural" color, which really (before I started coloring) was a dark dirty blonde/light-ish brown. I picked up a discount "brown" color at the grocery store, and then ended up with black hair, which I told people was close to my natural color, because I didn't realize until later how dark it was.  


After that, I didn't color my hair for a while and it faded to what was really my natural color was. 

Since then, it's been different shades of blonde, red, and brown. I still haven't decided which is my favorite because both blonde and brown are fun. Red isn't my thing :)

I know when you started reading this post, you secretly hoped I would include a "hair color history." Well, you're lucky, because I am. Sorry. 




Welcome to my awkward stage. This is my natural color in the winter. 



9th grade. braces. Hot. And blonde highlights(this was Halloween.don't judge)



Natural color!













This isn't my actual hair....just my roomates extensions. classy right?
(also not a real baby...) 


oops. how'd that get in here.....








 I don't have a recent pic, but now I am a medium brown.



In April, I got highlights done by my most favorite hairstylist in the entire world(you can see that above). She's cut my hair since I was in 6th grade, and knows my hair really well. I've never been disappointed. My cousin highlighted my hair a few weeks before the wedding, and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't wedding worthy, so I called Cheryl and got a last minute appointment in 2 days before the wedding. Every collection of wedding advice has something that says not to get your hair done right before your wedding, but I wasn't scared because I trusted her. And of course, it turned out excellent. 


Anyways, since then, I haven't done anything to it. Being newly wedded students, I figured I'd save some money and just use a box kit. I'd had success with them before, so....I wasn't worried. A few weeks ago, I decided just to do a blonde color that was supposed to be about the same color as my highlights. It turned out to be severe bleach, and I ended up with this: 


ummmm gross right? It's pretty yellow. Cute hubs though :)

I sucked it up and lived with it for a week or so, and then decided to do another try of the same color and hope it got more blonde. Instead, it turned very bronzy orange. To avoid the risk of losing all my hair(although I'm not sure that would have been all bad), I waited another week and a half, and then dyed it brown. So, I've spent $36 to get my hair to a nice brassy brown. I'm going to do another run of brown sometime next week, and then not touch my hair ever again. It probably would have been worth it just to pay to have it done :)

If you skipped reading all that(and I don't blame you), the point is that my hair is damaged. 


 I really needed something to help add more moisture to my hair, so I Googled some remedies, and created my own based off of those. It really helped too!

Hair Mask 
1 egg
2 Tbs milk
2 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp honey

Whisk until well combined. Massage into hair, especially paying attention to the ends. (You might have to make 2 batches if your hair is as damaged as mine--I did). Cover your head with a plastic bag(not your mouth, obviously) or a shower cap, and then a towel, and leave in for 10-15 minutes. Rinse out with coolish warm water(don't get it too hot or the egg will scramble!) and then shampoo and condition normally. Then enjoy your new healthy hair!

The egg helps bring out the natural shine in your hair. It also contains vitamin A, which will help fix a dry scalp.
The milk can help correct frizzy, dry, and damaged hair.
Olive oil makes your hair softer and also adds shine.
Honey helps to smooth the cuticle.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At August 17, 2011 at 12:00 AM , Blogger Meagan Leigh said...

I'm dying. This post is amazing. I love that the ghetto hair extensions and fire picture were added in. Also, I decided since your hair is brown now, it needs its bob back. That hair cut is adorable. Actually, you're adorable in all of them, but I am lovin' the bob. ANDDD I'm going to try this, just for kicks.

 
At August 17, 2011 at 2:11 PM , Anonymous Kerri Pool said...

Definitely doing this when I get home from work :) Thanks!

 
At August 17, 2011 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Erika said...

@Meagan I thought you'd appreciate some of these :) And I was eyeing that pic too...I like it short.

@Kerri--I'm excited for you! It smells something awful, but it's worth it!

 
At August 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM , Anonymous Christina'Marie said...

Wow you've had quite a few different colors and you managed to pull them all off! Lucky you:)

And aren't homemade hair masks amazing? I actually did a post about it myself the other day. Hope you stop by sometime <3

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home