This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.justatravelsite.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.erikalynlayne.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Rounders Date: 27 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */ body { background:#aba; margin:0; padding:20px 10px; text-align:center; font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } /* Page Structure ----------------------------------------------- */ /* The images which help create rounded corners depend on the following widths and measurements. If you want to change these measurements, the images will also need to change. */ @media all { #content { width:740px; margin:0 auto; text-align:left; } #main { width:485px; float:left; background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:15px 0 0; padding:0 0 10px; color:#000; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } #main2 { float:left; width:100%; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_main_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 0 0; } #main3 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/rails_main.gif") repeat-y; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:240px; float:right; margin:15px 0 0; font-size:97%; line-height:1.5em; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; background:#fff; } #main2 { float:none; background:none; } #main3 { background:none; padding:0; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Links ----------------------------------------------- */ a:link { color:#258; } a:visited { color:#666; } a:hover { color:#c63; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Blog Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 0; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #header div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #header { background:#456; } #header div { background:none; } } #blog-title { margin:0; padding:10px 30px 5px; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; } #blog-title a { text-decoration:none; color:#fff; } #description { margin:0; padding:5px 30px 10px; font-size:94%; line-height:1.5em; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ .date-header { margin:0 28px 0 43px; font-size:85%; line-height:2em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#357; } .post { margin:.3em 0 25px; padding:0 13px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px 0; } .post-title { margin:0; font-size:135%; line-height:1.5em; background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow.gif") no-repeat 10px .5em; display:block; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; color:#333; } a.title-link, .post-title strong { text-decoration:none; display:block; } a.title-link:hover { background-color:#ded; color:#000; } .post-body { border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:0 1px 1px; border-bottom-color:#fff; padding:10px 14px 1px 29px; } html>body .post-body { border-bottom-width:0; } .post p { margin:0 0 .75em; } p.post-footer { background:#ded; margin:0; padding:2px 14px 2px 29px; border:1px dotted #bbb; border-width:1px; border-bottom:1px solid #eee; font-size:100%; line-height:1.5em; color:#666; text-align:right; } html>body p.post-footer { border-bottom-color:transparent; } p.post-footer em { display:block; float:left; text-align:left; font-style:normal; } a.comment-link { /* IE5.0/Win doesn't apply padding to inline elements, so we hide these two declarations from it */ background/* */:/**/url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } html>body a.comment-link { /* Respecified, for IE5/Mac's benefit */ background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 0 45%; padding-left:14px; } .post img { margin:0 0 5px 0; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ccc; } blockquote { margin:.75em 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:1px 0; padding:5px 15px; color:#666; } .post blockquote p { margin:.5em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments { margin:-25px 13px 0; border:1px dotted #ccc; border-width:0 1px 1px; padding:20px 0 15px 0; } #comments h4 { margin:0 0 10px; padding:0 14px 2px 29px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; font-size:120%; line-height:1.4em; color:#333; } #comments-block { margin:0 15px 0 9px; } .comment-data { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_comment.gif") no-repeat 2px .3em; margin:.5em 0; padding:0 0 0 20px; color:#666; } .comment-poster { font-weight:bold; } .comment-body { margin:0 0 1.25em; padding:0 0 0 20px; } .comment-body p { margin:0 0 .5em; } .comment-timestamp { margin:0 0 .5em; padding:0 0 .75em 20px; color:#666; } .comment-timestamp a:link { color:#666; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #profile-container { background:#cdc url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; margin:0 0 15px; padding:0 0 10px; color:#345; } #profile-container h2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_prof_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:10px 15px .2em; margin:0; border-width:0; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#234; } } @media handheld { #profile-container { background:#cdc; } #profile-container h2 { background:none; } } .profile-datablock { margin:0 15px .5em; border-top:1px dotted #aba; padding-top:8px; } .profile-img {display:inline;} .profile-img img { float:left; margin:0 10px 5px 0; border:4px solid #fff; } .profile-data strong { display:block; } #profile-container p { margin:0 15px .5em; } #profile-container .profile-textblock { clear:left; } #profile-container a { color:#258; } .profile-link a { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_profile.gif") no-repeat 0 .1em; padding-left:15px; font-weight:bold; } ul.profile-datablock { list-style-type:none; } /* Sidebar Boxes ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .box { background:#fff url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_top.gif") no-repeat left top; margin:0 0 15px; padding:10px 0 0; color:#666; } .box2 { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_side_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 13px 8px; } } @media handheld { .box { background:#fff; } .box2 { background:none; } } .sidebar-title { margin:0; padding:0 0 .2em; border-bottom:1px dotted #9b9; font-size:115%; line-height:1.5em; color:#333; } .box ul { margin:.5em 0 1.25em; padding:0 0px; list-style:none; } .box ul li { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/icon_arrow_sm.gif") no-repeat 2px .25em; margin:0; padding:0 0 3px 16px; margin-bottom:3px; border-bottom:1px dotted #eee; line-height:1.4em; } .box p { margin:0 0 .6em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { clear:both; margin:0; padding:15px 0 0; } @media all { #footer div { background:#456 url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_top.gif") no-repeat left top; padding:8px 0 0; color:#fff; } #footer div div { background:url("http://www.blogblog.com/rounders/corners_cap_bot.gif") no-repeat left bottom; padding:0 15px 8px; } } @media handheld { #footer div { background:#456; } #footer div div { background:none; } } #footer hr {display:none;} #footer p {margin:0;} #footer a {color:#fff;} /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { padding:0 15px 0; }

Monday, January 17, 2011

How We Met: By Erika


My version of how we met. Obviously more detailed and extravagant. If you wanted to know the difference between Engineers and Communication majors, you now know.


So all summer long I had been in this funk. I didn't want to date, I didn't want to talk to boys, pretty much I just hung out with my same guy friends that I had had(on occasion) and steered clear of meeting any new ones. I'd been pretty anti-social all summer, but near the end my friend invited me to a pot luck. I went, and only knew a few people there, but I remember seeing a blonde boy that I thought was cute, but I didn't introduce myself because I wasn't that interested, and I was still in a funk. As the summer had progressed, I had decided that when I turned 21 I would go on a mission, and after graduating from BYU-Idaho, I would go to grad school. My life was going to be about me, and I wasn't going to worry about boys. At all.

 About a week or two after deciding this, I glanced at my phone while I was at the grocery store and saw I had a missed call from a 310 number. I didn't recognize that area code or anything so I figured it was just a spam call. While I was walking home from the grocery store, I looked at my phone again and saw that I had another missed call from the same number. This was unusual. When I got home, I googled the number, and found out it was from California. I blocked my number and called back to see if it was maybe someone I knew...but I didn't think it was. It rang a few times, and then a boy answered. Being in my She-Woman-Man-Haters-club state of mind, I panicked, and promptly hung up.  A little while later, I went and played piano by myself for a little bit, and when I was walking back, I stopped in at one of my friends apartments. I picked up their ward list, and as I started looking through it, I said "Do you guys know anyone from California?" Both of the boys in the room(who I had ignored because of my independent women lifestyle) said that they were. I told them I had a missed call from a 310 number, and one of the boys said, "Wait. Are you Erika?" and then I discovered that he had called to ask me on a date. I told him how I had blocked my number and hung up. And then realized what I did and left soon after :) I was kind of sad because he was cute and I had messed up something that maybe could have been.

The next night, I went to a "bonfire"(it wasn't that big) at this firepit. I sat next to Woody, and we talked pretty much the whole time. We had a lot in common, and it was fun getting to know him. I still couldn't help that feel that I had ruined any chance of anything though. The next day, my friend Rebekah(shout out girl, love ya) invited Woody and his roommates over for dinner. This was her idea because she knew I had the hots for him. Such a good friend. Anyways. Dinner was good, and afterwards I was doing the dishes while everyone played games, and Woody came and helped me. That was cute.

The next day, or maybe the day after that, Woody and I went longboarding/scootering down a big hill. I burned a hole in my flip flop because I didn't take my foot off the brake. It was fun, and right when we got back, he went over to my apartment to flirt with my roommate. I was still in my boy-hating funk, so I was sad, but not too sad. The next day, it was my day off, and I went to the grocery store looking pretty trashy, but I didn't care. But who should I happen to see on my way back? Just Woody going over to my apartment to ask my roommate out. She wasn't home, and since I had his number from the previous weekend, I told him I would text him when she was.

A few days after their date. Or maybe even the next day, I heard the doorbell ring, and then my roommate came back and told me the door was for me. I walked out only to see Woody. He asked if I'd go to dinner and a movie with him that Friday, and of course I said yes! I  was so excited. I even curled my hair for our date, which I hadn't done for a solid 5 months. It was a perfect date. We talked all through dinner, and then walked around and talked even more before the movie started. All through the movie, I was exhausted because I had worked early that morning, and I had to work early the next morning too. But I tried so hard to stay awake so that I wouldn't ruin the date. Apparently my efforts were well worth it :)

1 Comments:

At April 4, 2012 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Jenni Rollins said...

=) Cute and frustrating story!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home